Network Administrator I
Functional Job Title: Network Administrator I (NA-I)
Date posted: December 20, 2016
Location required: Initially Kandahar AFB in Afghanistan
Security Clearance: Secret
Level of English: Very Good
No. of positions required: 1 (Full-Time)
The NA-I works in a team environment on routine maintenance tasks. He/She troubleshoots network problems, outages, anomalies as well as provide customers with solutions to more complex issues. This includes the gathering of all pertinent information about the problem and knowing which related work centers or sites should be involved. Knowledge of sub-netting, switching and Cisco IOS is essential. NA-I must have a background and be knowledgeable in network security procedures, to include the ability to identify intrusion (monitoring devices), report attempts and prevent further access by unauthorized personnel.
- Individual will be responsible for overseeing maintenance and operations of switches and routers.
- Monitor availability and reliability of LAN/WAN systems.
- Troubleshoots LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Ensure outages and corrective actions are reported to Theater Network Operations Center.
- Resolve customer interface/user issues.
- Senior VLAN administrator
- Senior firewall and ACL configuration expert.
- Use Cisco Works (and other software application tools) to manage and administer the network.
- Network Cabling and installation supervisor. Plan network development and expansion as needed.
- Responsible for managing shift schedules, leave requests, and various other personnel administrative tasks.
- Knowledge of sub-netting, switching and Cisco IOS and train new NA I personnel.
- Enforces network security procedures, to include the ability to identify intrusion (monitoring devices), report attempts and prevent further access by unauthorized personnel.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Education: Associates Degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related field.
- Experience: Must have minimum of 5 years experience in a networking environment.
- Certifications: This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification. The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows:
- IAT Level: IAT II
- Baseline: CASP, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GSEC, GCED, GCIH, Security+ ce, SSCP
- Cisco ASA Specialist
- Cisco CCIE Routing & Switching
- Cisco CCIE Security
- Cisco CCIE Service Provider
- Cisco CCIE Service Provider Operations
- Cisco CCIE Storage Networking
- Cisco CCIE Voice
- Cisco CCIE Wireless
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor
- Cisco Certified Architect
- Cisco Certified Design Associate
- Cisco Certified Design Expert
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP/CCDPR)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate in Service Provider Operations
- CCNA Voice
- CCNA Wireless
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CCNP Voice
- Cisco Certified Network Professional in Service Provider Operations
- CCNP Security
- Cisco Firewall Specialist
- Cisco IOS Security Specialist
- Cisco IronPort Certified Security Professional (CICSP)
- Cisco Network Admission Control Specialist
- Cisco Network Security
- Cisco Network Security 2
- Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist
- Cisco Routing and Switching Solutions Specialist
- Cisco Security Solutions and Design Specialist Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
- The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100F. Candidate must be able to physically withstand extreme heat.