Vizocom’s Satellite Solution provides the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) with 40Mbps Internet Connectivity to Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria in 2017
Government Agencies rely on dependable communication in their operational camps as well as between headquarters and remote sites.
Continuous access to mission-critical information, remote management of camps, offices, and facilities, – as well as HSE activities, SCADA, and organizational human resources are all areas in which communication is vital.
The Department of Defense Education Activity is a civilian agency of the United States Department of Defense that manages all schools for military children and teenagers in the United States and overseas at American military bases worldwide.
As a result of hurricane damage to the optical fiber infrastructure of Puerto Rico, Ramey School lost all connectivity with the Internet and the DoDEA WAN. The island’s optical fiber infrastructure repair and restoration was expected to take several months to complete, so an interim connectivity solution was critical for Ramey School to continue to function. DoDEA needed all equipment and services necessary to install and maintain a turnkey satellite internet system for Ramey School for 3 months with two additional 3-month option periods
Vizocom, as a leading provider of satellite internet services is proposing a very special offer that would fully fulfill all DoDEA expectations for this opportunity. For years, Vizocom has been providing VSAT services for DOD in remote locations including but not limited to Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Austria, Croatia, and Chad.
The highlights of our solution in Puerto Rico include:
- Provision of Internet services with bandwidth of 30Mbps downlink and 10Mbps uplink with unlimited usage
- Guaranteed uptime of 99.5% of better
- Turnkey solution including equipment, shipping, installation and support
- 24x7x365 service availability
- 24x7x365 email & phone helpdesk support
- Option to keep stock of spares on site to minimize the downtime period
We are responsible for understanding our clients’ needs and tailoring our services for dangerous areas around the world. We aimed to meet DoDEA needs where and when they needed it.
Vizocom’s solution for this project was the provision of C-band satellite services. The highlights of the solution and the VSAT link diagrams can be summarized as below:
- Top of the line satellite technology by utilizing Newtec MDM-470/6000 modems
- SES-6 as satellite with strong C-Band coverage over Puerto Rico
- Provision of Internet over VSAT services with bandwidth of 30Mbps downlink and 10Mbps uplink with minimum performance of 75%
- Provision of bandwidth with unlimited usage
- Link availability of better than 99.5%
- On-site maintenance and remote live monitoring
- For this project, our services include equipment, installation, and support.
- Vizocom also has its own 24/7 remote helpdesk and technical support via telephone, email and instant messengers.
- Continuous proactive 365x24x7 monitoring and email and phone helpdesk